Every year, at the CAPH/SNI Annual Conference, we showcase the innovative approaches to improve care and advance population health in California’s public health care systems through the Quality Leaders Awards (QLAs). The QLA’s honor the good work underway to achieve high value, high quality, patient-centered care.
Applications due to Gina Lenhart (email@example.com) by Friday, August 30, 2019. This year’s CAPH/SNI QLAs will be presented on Thursday, December 5, 2019 at the CAPH/SNI Annual Conference December 4-6, 2019 at the Paradise Point Resort in San Diego, CA.
The goals of the QLAs are to:
- Showcase forward-thinking and innovative approaches in California’s public health care systems to address the health care needs of the communities they serve;
- Encourage the spread of effective strategies that improve the quality of care and advance population health; and
- Recognize the dedicated and talented professionals working in public health care systems.
There are three categories of awards:
- Ambulatory Care Redesign: Recognizes an outstanding effort to implement team-based care that increases efficiencies, advances clinical quality, and/or enhances patient experience with “right place, right time care”
- Data-Driven Organizations: Recognizes an outstanding effort to build data infrastructure, develop data analytics capacity, and/or leverage data to improve clinical care
- Performance Excellence: Recognizes an outstanding effort to redesign processes to increase efficiency, decrease waste, and ultimately improve patient experience
The winner of each category above receives $3,000 cash prize and one free conference registration. A Top Honor Award is also presented.
To be eligible for a QLA:
- The improvement initiative must be driven by the public health care system that is a member of CAPH. County and community partners may be involved (e.g., criminal justice, health plans, community-based organizations).
- The improvement effort must go above and beyond requirements in PRIME, Global Payment Program, or Whole Person Care programs
- The improvement effort must fit into one of the categories listed above.