Each January the state of California begins the annual budget process to set spending priorities for the entire government, including for the Medi-Cal program. CAPH actively monitors the budget each year and engages in advocacy pertaining to matters such as coverage, reimbursement for safety-net providers, quality, and other policies that impact low-income and vulnerable populations, to ensure public health care systems can continue to thrive and provide essential services to patients in their communities.
The budget also contains annual estimates related to a policy called AB 85, or health realignment, reflecting a 2013 agreement whereby counties must return some funds to the state that were previously used to help cover county uninsured costs prior to the ACA. CAPH works with member health care systems, the California State Association of Counties, and the state, to ensure the accuracy of those estimates.
- See our Budget Conference Committee UC Proposition 56 GME Support Letter, and letter on Same-Day Mental Heath Clinic Billing.
- See the 340B provider coalition Press Release
- See the Governor’s May Revision
- See the Governor’s January 2018 proposed budget
- Read our January 2018 budget press release
- Read our 340B state budget proposal oppose letters
- See our other policy and advocacy priorities